Quanta Services (NYSE: PWR) is a leading provider of specialized contracting services, delivering infrastructure solutions to the electric power and natural gas and pipeline industries. The company provides a comprehensive range of services, including the design, installation, maintenance and repair of virtually every type of infrastructure. With approximately 17,800 employees, major offices in 40 states, and field operations across the United States and Canada, Quanta has the manpower, resources and expertise to complete projects that are local, regional, national or even international in scope.
Since its inception, the company has focused on helping customers respond to dynamics that are driving industry development:
- The convergence of products, services and facilities created by increased energy demands.
- Aging electric power transmission and distribution network.
- Growing focus on domestic natural gas resources including shale exploration and related transmission pipeline infrastructure.
- Incorporation of renewable generation sources into the grid.
- Energy providers need for efficient access to a comprehensive, capable and cost-effective set of infrastructure solutions.
Quanta offers a winning combination of resources. We deliver:
- Access to the industry's largest equipment fleet and workforce resources.
- A flexible and strategic approach to infrastructure solutions – from ongoing maintenance to engineering, procurement and construction to comprehensive outsourcing solutions.
- A strong balance sheet with financial resources for capital-intensive projects.
- Inclusion in the S&P 500 Index, the most widely followed index of large-cap stocks actively traded in the United States.
In December 2012, Quanta Services announced the completion of the sale of its telecom subsidiaries to Dycom Industries.